I'm a survivor.
Have you heard the words "you have cancer?"
At TOC we believe that if you have heard those three words, then you have survived a life-changing experience.
To participate in the TOC community:
- Create a profile.
- Upload a video sharing your twist on cancer and put out a call to action.
- Share your video using social media.
- Email your family, friends and supporters to let them know that you are now a part of the Twist Out Cancer community and you need their help!
- Regularly check your profile to see your responses.
- Encourage other survivors to share.
Examples of Twists on Cancer/Dedicated Calls to Action
“My twist on cancer": I learned the importance of holding on to hope. No matter how many setbacks I endured, I remembered that I am stronger today than yesterday, but not as strong as I will be tomorrow.”
“My dedicated call to action": I had cancer from the ages of 10-13 and I felt like I was robbed of my childhood. I would like you to spend an afternoon doing something carefree and childlike.”
Guidelines for Participation
- Clear sound is crucial: If no one can hear it, no one will watch it. Make sure to shoot in quiet environments and project.
- Don't backlight: Make sure light is on your face and not behind it — i.e. don't sit in front of a bright window.
- Shoot in Landscape: Typically videos shot using landscape vs. portrait translate better to YouTube.
- Title and tag your video: Use the title "Twist Out Cancer” and include your name and location - ex: "Twist Out Cancer video for Daniel Bral from Jesse and Sam in Los Angeles”. Use tags to describe your video so that other people can find it
- Share your video with the world. We believe that, when you share your twist on cancer, the world opens up.