International Resources for Cancer Patients & Caregivers
Resources for Connecting in the Time of COVID-19
*Provided by In this together Philly Wilmington
For Young Adults & More
- Imerman Angels is a non profit providing 1 to 1 cancer support for Cancer fighters, survivors and caregivers.
- Athletes Fighting Cancer
- Stand Up to Cancer raises funds to accelerate research that can get new therapies to patients quickly, enabling scientists to work together on “Dream Teams.”
- The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults is a leading voice in the young adult cancer movement, that works at a grassroots level to support, educate, connect and empower young adults with cancer
- Young Survival Coalition is a non-profit organization oriented to support and educate young women with breast cancer.
- True North Treks is a non profit organization whose mission is to empower young adults and caregivers affected by cancer to reclaim the lives that cancer took through “finding direction through connection.
- The Oncofertility Consortium addresses the complex health care and quality-of-life issues that concern young cancer patients whose fertility may be threatened by their disease or its treatment.
- MyOncofertility.org is an organization dedicated to providing reproductive information, support, and hope to cancer patients and survivors at risk for infertility.
- Fertile Hope is a national LIVESTRONG initiative dedicated to providing reproductive information, support and hope to cancer patients and survivors whose medical treatments present the risk of infertility
- Gilda’s Club provides a warm and welcoming meeting place where men, women and children diagnosed with cancer, and family and friends, join with others to build social, emotional and informational support as an essential supplement to medical care.
- buddhi is a digital wellness companion for adults living with and recovering from cancer. We curate content, discussions and events for our community, and soon will release features that allow their friends and family to invest in their healing through a socially responsible e-commerce marketplace.
- Northwestern University Supportive Oncology provides emotional and practical support for patients and their families during all stages of treatment and recovery. Our team is dedicated to achieving the best possible outcome, listening and responding to patient concerns, promoting well-being and treating each individual with respect and compassion.
- Sharsheret is a Jewish breast cancer organization that helps women and their families face breast cancer with national peer support, educational webinars. Individuals grants and more.
- Willow House provides supportive services for children, teens, families, schools and communities who are coping with grief and the death of a loved one.
- New York Life offers grief resources with articles, expert tips, personal stories and local resources for families, educators and community members.
- The Licorice Project is a welcoming community for breast cancer patients and survivors. We are dedicated to empowering and embracing women during every stage of their breast cancer journey.
- Cancer Care Parcel: All your cancer needs in one place. Items curated by experts and sold by Amazon.
Cancer Hats and Scarves
- Fat Thumb Chick makes t-shirt beanies cut and created with a special design that are fun and comfortable. In honor of her mother and a friend, she has made and given away more than 1,000 hats.
- StyleEsteem head wrap solutions means having trendy new options, every single season. It means having beautiful and comfortable choices for every possible occasion. And it means finding pieces that elevate your joy and self-esteem in your everyday life.
- Head Huggers knits hats for chemo patients and sends them out for free.
- Heavenly Hats is an all volunteer organization which provides hats free of charge to cancer patients
- Good Wishes is a partnership that sends beautiful L. Erickson scarves to anyone losing their hair as a result of illness or treatment
Wigs and Makeup
- Look Good … Feel Better is a program of the American Cancer Society that helps women in treatment to choose a wig, scarf, or hat and to apply makeup that will make the most of any cancer-related changes in appearance. Every participant goes home with a goody bag of makeup. Sessions are free at most American hospitals with an oncology unit
- Chemo Hair Care is a Chicago Based salon that provides fully-customized premium wigs and hairpieces to cancer patients and private individuals across the USA.
- Stay Beautiful Foundation offers curated information on the best natural products and self care practices to help our beauties stay beautiful inside and out. Free care boxes are available to all cancer survivors.
- The Lipstick Journey believes that beauty comes from story and that lipstick can be your expression. Each color communicates a mood or a feeling – no words necessary. A portion of proceeds benefit Twist Out Cancer.
Help With Household Chores
- Cleaning for a Reason is a professional maid service that cleans the homes of cancer patients for free
- Cleaning for Cancer is a national non-profit organization dedicated to providing free residential cleaning services to cancer patients undergoing treatment
- Food and Friends provides meals, groceries and nutrition counseling to people living with life-challenging illnesses such as AIDS and cancer
- Care Calendar is an organizational tool that makes it easier for your friends and family to help out with meals or rides to appointments. Once the calendar is set up, individuals can log on to sign up for bringing meals, etc. without having the burden on a single point of contact! And it’s FREE!
Medical Bills and Prescriptions
- Compass to Care ensures children, whose families have a financial need, can access life-saving cancer treatment.
- Cancer Care Assist provides transportation to and from cancer treatment, as well as home care and child care
- The National Cancer Institute offers a comprehensive listing of government agencies and organizations designed to provide assistance for patients and families.
- The First Mile Foundation provides financial support to families and individuals to alleviate the added everyday stresses associated with cancer
- NeedyMeds, Inc provides links to pharmaceutical companies and other organizations that have patient assistance programs
- Patient Access Network Foundation assists insured patients who cannot afford the out-of-pocket expenses associated with their treatment
- Patient Advocate Foundation provides professional case management services to Americans with chronic, life threatening and debilitation illnesses. They will serve as active liaisons between the patient and their insurer, employer and/or creditors
- Together Rx Access offers a free prescription savings card for eligible U.S. and Puerto Rico residents who have no prescription drug coverage, are not eligible for Medicare, and meet certain income guidelines
- Social Security Disability payments are also an option for patients with life expectancies of 2 years or less, or with certain types of very agressive cancer, if the patient cannot work
- Give Forward empowers friends and family to send love and financial support to patients as they navigate a medical crisis. Start a GiveForward page today and ease the burden of your loved one’s out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Air Care Alliance is a trade organization with a comprehensive online listing of organizations that provide patient air transportation for free to ambulatory and medically stable people to access care.
- The National Patient Travel Center provides information about charitable, long-distance medical air transportation and provides referrrals to all appropriate sources of help available.
- Cancer Freebies: Goods, services, gifts, support, FREE resources for cancer patients.
- Bright Pink saves lives from breast and ovarian cancer by empowering women to know their risk and manage their health proactively.
- The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- American Cancer Society(1-800-ACS-2345)
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer
- National Cancer Institute (1-800-4-CANCER)
- The Breast Cancer Research Foundation is a nonprofit organization committed to achieving prevention and a cure for breast cancer. We provide critical funding for cancer research worldwide.”