Twist Out Cancer is committed to keeping the health and safety of our members a top priority. We are relying on our supporters to keep our community safe, particularly for those who are immunocompromised or who are caring for others. We are implementing safety protocols to ensure the well-being of our attendees and staff. These safety protocols are subject to change based on updated guidance and requirements from federal, state and local authorities. By registering for an event, you are agreeing to these safety standards, however they may need to be adjusted and we will communicate changes as quickly as possible.
Twist Out Cancer/Brushes with Cancer 2022 COVID-19 GUIDELINES
Twist Out Cancer/Brushes with Cancer continues to plan for hybrid events (in-person with online viewing and participation options). Recognizing that the Covid-19 landscape is changing rapidly, our best path is to continue to monitor direction from local and state public health authorities.
The safety of our attendees is a top priority. All credentialed Twist Out Cancer/Brushes with Cancer participants & guests will be required to provide proof of a completed primary vaccination series against Covid-19 or a recent negative Covid-19 test in order to collect and maintain their credentials. Twist Out Cancer/Brushes with Cancer will accept all vaccines approved by the CDC for travel to the US. Attendees are highly encouraged to receive a booster vaccination, if eligible.
All policies and mitigation efforts remain subject to applicable laws and public health guidance and the circumstances at the time of the event. We will have more information soon as our policy evolves with specifics regarding testing, masking and social distancing.
In addition to the above credential protocols, the following mitigation measures will be in place:
- Attendees, Twist Out Cancer/Brushes with Cancer Staff and Volunteers are asked to adhere to Twist Out Cancer/Brushes with Cancer’s Health Pledge (see below) while attending or working all Twist Out Cancer/Brushes with Cancer affiliated events.
- All Twist Out Cancer/Brushes with Cancer staff and volunteers on-site at the event will have shown proof of vaccination 48 hours in advance of the event date.
- On-site testing requirements may be a component of maintaining your credentials.
- Masks are required indoors.
- Social distancing of at least 6’ (approximately 2m) is recommended, when possible.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided throughout conference and exhibition venues.
- Increased public health signs, reminders, and messaging to support the importance of COVID-19 mitigation measures and good hygiene practices will be visible throughout Twist Out Cancer/Brushes with Cancer venues.
Additional measures and updates will be provided closer to the event. Check back often and look for email updates or social announcements.
Twist Out Cancer/Brushes with Cancer HEALTH PLEDGE
You are committed to:
- Adhering to Twist Out Cancer/Brushes with Cancer’s COVID-19 policies and mitigation measures.
- Wearing masks properly when required, over both the nose and mouth.
- Practicing respiratory etiquette when masks are not required, such as covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Exercising good hygiene, such as frequently washing or sanitizing your hands.
- Staying up to date with CDC’s recommendations for COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters approved by the CDC for travel to the US.
You will not participate in or attend any Twist Out Cancer/Brushes with Cancer affiliated event if any of the following apply to you:
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 and have not completed CDC’s guidelines for discontinuing isolation.
- You are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- Within the previous 5 days, you have had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, but you have not completed the Quarantine and Isolation Guidelines recommended by the CDC.
Twist Out Cancer/Brushes with Cancer supports individual efforts and personal responsibility in combating COVID-19 and reserves the right to revoke or suspend access to anyone in connection with this Pledge in service of the health and safety of its attendees and participants.
In the event an attendee tests positive for COVID-19 after attending a Twist Out Cancer hosted/held event, the attendee will notify Twist Out Cancer staff immediately so that all event attendees can be alerted to self-quarantine and monitor for symptoms. All event registrants are agreeing to hold harmless Twist Out Cancer® and any affiliated local associations, businesses, vendors, and their respective agents and employees, from any and all claims and liability resulting from exposure to COVID-19 as a result of attending such an event. By registering for a Twist Out Cancer event, you have agreed to all of the above.
Optional Info- Q&A
Q: Are tickets to Brushes with Cancer events refundable?
- Event tickets are non-refundable. If you cannot attend or if the in-person event is cancelled guests will be granted access to the Virtual Program & Events for an at home experience. Tickets will be acknowledged as a charitable donation for the full value.
Q: If public health conditions change where the event is located will the private participant gathering be canceled?
A: The wellbeing of our community is our first priority. Any in-person event cancellations/reschedules would be announced in advance of the gathering. Virtual Celebrations will remain uninterrupted.